"Meet the Composer"
Introducing twenty of the world's most famous composers from the Baroque, Classical and Romantic period. Meet these talented musicians individually (through our "Meet the Composer" series below) or all twenty in the complete "Sing Your Way to the Classics" program.
Each delightful program includes:
This unique approach not only makes learning the classics fun and delightful but easy to remember the name of the composer and the title of his work.
People will think YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!! You will literally "Sing Your Way to the Classics" with each composer.
"MEET THE COMPOSER"
(Start with you favorite - click on his name below.)
Meet some of the best BAROQUE Composers:
- Johann Sebastian Bach - "Minuet in G"
- George Frideric Handel - "Thine be the Glory"
- Johann Pachelbel - "Canon in D
- Antonio Vivaldi - "Spring"
Meet some of the best CLASSICAL Composers:
- Ludvig van Beethoven - "Moonlight Sonata"
- Franz Joseph Haydn - "Emperor's Hymn"
- Wolfgang Amadé Mozart - "The Magic Flute" (from his opera)
Meet some of the best ROMANTIC Composers:
- Hector Berlioz - "Harold in Italy"
- Georges Bizet - "Toreador Song" (from his opera - Carmen)
- Johannes Brahms - "Cradle Song"
- Frédéric François Chopin - "Nocturne (Op.9 No.2)"
- Léo Delibes - "Flower Duet" (from his opera - Lakmé)
- Edvard Grieg - ""Morning Mood" (from "Peer Gynt," a dramatic poem)
- Franz Liszt - "Liebesträume"
- Gioachino Rossini - "William Tell" (overture)
- Robert Schumann - "The Merry Peasant"
- Johann Strauss II - "Du und Du" (from his operetta - "Die Fledermaus")
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky - "Sleeping Beauty Waltz" (from his ballet)
- Giuseppe Verdi - "La donna è mobile" (from his opera - Rigoletto)
- Richard Wagner - "Ride of the Valkyries" (from his opera series: The Ring Cycle)
COMPOSER ENDORSEMENTS (from Teachers Pay Teachers)
"Love that there is a kid friendly way to present Berlioz." (from Just a Little Music)
"Excellent. I used this sheet and others that you created for my Music Survey class. So very helpful. Thank you so much... I believe I have all of your musician sheets... Excellent. Love your composer sheets. I own them all." (from Alice Frati)
"Some fun ideas for integration of other subjects in the music classroom. Some great visuals included in the document that I'll use for theory and general music. Thanks!" (from an anonymous buyer)
"This really met my needs. Thanks." (from Cheryl R.)
"Excellent resource for the class! I like your style and I'm now your new follower!" (from Ready to Teach English and Spanish)
"A wonderful addition to my recent study on Bach! I will purchase other composer packets." (from Stephanie S.)
"This product is great. It is more of what we should be teaching kids when we are not 'teaching to the test.'" (from Old School Works)